Wishing you a Happy Blessed Earth day!
We call upon Earth, our planet home, with its beautiful depths and soaring heights, its vitality and abundance of life. With all creation, we praise You, Sacred Earth.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.-- Native American Proverb
Take Action for Earth-centered Living
• Turn the lights off during bright daylight or whenever you leave a room.
• Replace incandescent light bulbs with LEDs.
• Wash full loads of clothes in cold water and hang to dry.
• Install programmable thermostats.
Use transportation alternatives:
• Walk, cycle, car pool, and use public transportation.
Eat healthy foods:
• Buy local and organic foods that are in season, and support local food producers.
• Go vegan; eat less meat; eat food that is not packaged.
• Save and plant your seeds from tomatoes, peppers, peas, and beans.
Use natural household cleaners:
• Make simple, natural cleaners with ingredients like vinegar, baking soda and water.
• Donate, reuse, and recycle items rather than throwing them into the trash.
• Go paperless.
• Take harmful materials like chemicals, batteries and electronics to local hazardous waste depots or recycling centers.
• Use reusable water bottles with water from the sink.
Use less water:
• Be mindful of water usage for showers and for washing dishes.
Plant a garden:
• Plant herbs and lettuce in a window box.
• Plant trees to keep your neighborhood cool.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.